Section 1: RRA Membership Requirements Consent * I agree to the following:
The Recovery Residence Association (RRA) supports and promotes high-quality recovery residences in the San Diego County region. By joining the RRA, members receive a variety of benefits, including marketing tools and resources, professional development opportunities, and affiliation with a trusted county-wide association. RRA Members (operators), their staff, and associates may take advantage of RRA activities.
To gain membership, RRA members are expected to adhere to the following requirements:
I. RRA membership application must be completed.
II. RRA membership course is to be completed prior to becoming a RRA member.
III. Members must agree to adhere to the RRA Quality Standards, indicators, and applicable legal requirements.
IV. Members must turn in necessary documents including but not limited to House Rules, Housing Service Agreements and Safety Compliance form.
V. Member home(s) must pass annual site visits (one announced and one unannounced) conducted by the RRA’s Peer Review Accountability Team (PRAT) to ensure adherences to RRA Quality Standards.
1. Additional RRA requirements: Members agree to complete one training each quarter.
2. Members agree to complete an annual RRA affiliate survey.
3. Members agree to respond promptly to RRA requests and inquiries.
4. Members will update RRA staff of any changes to their RR listing (i.e., operatorship, staff or associate changes, licensing status, addresses, and/or telephone numbers) and respond to verification inquiries within three business days.
5. Members will promptly communicate with RRA, treatment providers and law enforcement (if applicable) if the following occur:
i. Incident Report – within 24 hours
ii. Grievances – within three days
6. Members can use RRA name or logo if authorized in writing by the RRA and must cease and desist if membership is terminated.
Violation of RRA membership requirements will be evaluated by RRA leadership and may be grounds for termination of RRA membership and removal from the RRA directory. Section 2: Certification Consent * I agree to following:
By signing this application, the undersigned applicant certifies and represents to the RRA all of the following:
1. That all of the information contained in this application is true and complete. Applicant acknowledges that any false or misleading statement made by the applicant, their staff, and associates in connection with this RRA membership application or with the application to have a recovery residence approved by the RRA, will be grounds for denial and/or revocation of RRA membership and the removal of the applicant’s recovery residence from the RRA approved list and online directory;
2. Applicant, their staff, and associates will comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws with respect to the operation and maintenance of the above-described recovery residence (including, but not limited to, compliance with all fair housing laws, state and local building codes, health laws and employments laws). Applicant acknowledges and agrees that a violation of applicable law may be grounds for denial and/or revocation of RRA membership and listing of applicant’s recovery residence from RRA approved list and online directory;
3. Applicant, their staff, and associates have not been found to be in violation by the California Dept. of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division and are not the subject of a pending investigation by the state or local enforcement agencies in connection with the operation of any recovery residence which they own or manage. Applicant acknowledges and agrees that a violation of applicable law by applicant, their staff, and associates can be grounds for denial and/or revocation of RRA membership and the listing of applicant’s recovery residence from RRA approved list and online directory;
i. Applicant, their staff, and associates understand the limitations of operating as a recovery residence and does not provide care or supervision that would require licensing. Applicant certifies that applicant, their staff and associates do not represent recovery residence as providing care and supervision, including:
i. Do not assist individuals with dressing, grooming, bathing or hygiene;
ii. Do not assist individuals with medications, including storing medications where the individuals do not have access to them on their own;
iii. Do not make arrangements for medical or dental care;
iv. Do not maintain house rules for the specific protection of the independent individuals (house rules can be used to establish general guidelines for the management of the house, cleanliness, etc.);
v. Do not supervise individuals' schedules and/or activities. RRA Applicant, their staff, and associates recognize that individuals will be program participants;
vi. Do not maintain or supervise individuals' cash resources or property;
vii. Do not monitor food intake or the special diets of individuals.
4. Applicant, their staff, and associates acknowledges and agrees that membership in the RRA and the listing of any of the undersigned’s recovery residences is a privilege and at the sole discretion and decision of the RRA. Section 3: Safety Compliance Consent * I agree to the safety compliance: *
By agreeing to the following section, the undersigned represents and certifies to the Recovery Residence Association (RRA) all of the following:
1. Applicant, their staff, and associates of recovery residence(s) listed on this application;
2. I verify that all smoke, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers located at recovery residence(s) listed on this application have been checked and charged within the last three months, and are in proper working condition;
3. I verify that electricity, water (including working toilets and bathing facilities) and heat (or air conditioning) located at recovery residence(s) listed on this application are in working order and function appropriately for normal living conditions; and
4. I understand that the RRA is relying on the truthfulness and accuracy of all statements in this section, and that if it is later discovered that any of the foregoing statements is untrue, such discovery would be grounds for removal of recovery residence from the RRA’s online directory and the suspension or revocation of the Member’s membership in the RRA.
Signature locked. Reset to sign again
RRA membership is voluntary. By signing below, I confirm that I have read, understood, and will comply with all of the terms set forth by the Recovery Residence Association to gain and maintaining membership.
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Section 4: Recovery Residence (RR) Operator Contact Information Name of Operator: *
Operator Mailing Address:
* Operator Phone: * Is the number listed above a (RRA must be able to leave a voicemail): * Fax number: Email Address: *
Operator's Emergency Contact Name *
Relationship * Phone * Email
Is the number listed above a (RRA must be able to leave a voicemail): * RR Information Please list any qualifications or certifications that benefit your Recovery Residence business: Do you currently have a business license? * If yes, list business licence #: Do you currently have a contract (i.e., State, Probation or County Behavioral Health Services)? * If yes/other, please explain: How many recovery residences do you operate? * Have you applied to the RRA in the past? * If yes, when did you applied: Whom may we thank for referring you to the RRA? * How many recovery residences are you applying for? *